Be a Pediatric Nurse
Why should you consider becoming a pediatric nurse? Explore this rewarding career choice with our infographic below.
- Pediatric Nurse, Johnson & Johnson Campaign for Nursing, https://www.discovernursing.com/specialty/pediatric-nurse.
- Pediatric Nurse Practitioner, Johnson & Johnson Campaign for Nursing, https://www.discovernursing.com/specialty/pediatric-nurse-practitioner.
Gender and cultural diversity in nursing
- Wood, D., Diversity in Nursing: Male Nurses & Minorities, RN.com, https://www.rn.com/nursing-news/diversity-in-nursing-male-nurses-and-minorities/.
- Pediatric Nursing Certification Board database (accessed November 01, 2017).
- Hospital RN: Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor, Occupational Outlook Handbook, Registered Nurses, https://www.bls.gov/ooh/healthcare/registered-nurses.htm.
- School nurse: Peckham, C. Medscape Nurse Salary Report 2015, http://www.medscape.com/features/slideshow/public/nurse-salary-report-2015#page=8.
- Pediatric nurse practitioner: American Academy of Nurse Practitioners, 2015 National Nurse Practitioner Compensation Survey.
- Leadership: American Organization of Nurse Executives, 2016 Salary and Compensation Study for Nurse Leaders, http://www.aone.org/docs/resources/nurse-leader-salary-summary.pdf
Intent to promote the specialty
- Institute of Pediatric Nursing/Pediatric Nursing Certification Board, The Future of Pediatric Nursing, 2014 online survey.